> Where there is a choice between forking to add a fix or feature and
> clamouring to get that fix of feature adopted into some kind of central
> repository, I believe clamouring always benefits vastly more people in the
> long run.  I intensely dislike the github/gitorius 'clone fest' mindset
> because it dilutes and destroys

github is only a tool to communicate, and IMO a very good one at that. how
much people will cooperate using that tool depends on the people who use it.

when i have the author hat on, then i welcome that i can easily see who
forked my repo and what changes he did, and i can even pull over a patch
from them if i like it with a click of the mouse, all on my own initiative.

just some 0.02, let's keep this thread on track.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39