On 11.3.2011 12:54, Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
Having said all this, my proposal is:

1. if someone can help me to track bug further (remember, 1.6.0_17 was
working just fine) we could file the bug report to Oracle, or
2. we could just add the info in FOP/xmlgraphics docs that color profile
in PNG images introduces significant slowdown on JDK 1.6.0_18+.

Ok, since it seems that it is too hard to track this down, I suggest we add to PNG Graphics page [1] something like:

"Note: PNG images with color profile are on certain JDKs (most notably Oracle JDK 6u18+) processed as much as 20 times slower than same images without color profile. This slowdown is introduced by JDK image manipulation classes."

Thoughts?

-Ognjen

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/graphics.html#png