What is this color profile?  Can I get color output without it?  I am
using the PNGRenderer, currently running JDK 6u17 about to install u24
today.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ognjen Blagojevic [mailto:ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 4:21 AM
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: 20x slowdown in PNG processing when switching from JDK
1.6.0_17 to 1.6.0_18

On 11.3.2011 12:54, Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
> Having said all this, my proposal is:
>
> 1. if someone can help me to track bug further (remember, 1.6.0_17 was

> working just fine) we could file the bug report to Oracle, or 2. we
> could just add the info in FOP/xmlgraphics docs that color profile in
> PNG images introduces significant slowdown on JDK 1.6.0_18+.

Ok, since it seems that it is too hard to track this down, I suggest we
add to PNG Graphics page [1] something like:

"Note: PNG images with color profile are on certain JDKs (most notably
Oracle JDK 6u18+) processed as much as 20 times slower than same images
without color profile. This slowdown is introduced by JDK image
manipulation classes."

Thoughts?

-Ognjen

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/graphics.html#png