Chris Bowditch wrote:
From: Mike Trotman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip/>

What I was looking for is - when content overflows the region (and overflow='visible' - which looks like FOPs default)
into another region - which region is given the higher z-index?

dont confuse overflow with overlap. Overflow is when content is too big for a area, e.g. table-cell, or in the case of regions, the region extent. Overlap of regions is where the margins on region-body are less than the extent of the static regions. Hence the overflow property you mention has nothing to do with z-orders of regions.

I can't find any mentions of this (but may have missed them) so my current impression is that this is undefined / implementation dependent.

A quick search of the archives revealed a detailed discussion of this. Although, I'm not sure it answers your question.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=106330582719719&w=2

Perhaps Mr Pietschmann can explain when scenario 1) is in effect instead of scenario 2) He may be inferring that it is determined by the precedence property, but I'm not sure.

<snip/>

I mentioned the FOP 'background-image' non-use as I need to dynamically determine the position of  logo's etc (for HTML and / or PDF) in a CGI script
and FOP doesn't support background-image positioning.

Understood.

<snip/>

Chris

Datalucid Limited