Hi there,

we are trying to use fop, as part of camel-fop, inside an OSGI container Apache
Karaf. Using fop (1.1) and camel-fop (2.10) works just fine. But as soon as we
are trying to use that from within Apache Karaf (we are using the fop
ServiceMix bundles) there seems to be an issue with fop finding it's renderers
as we got the following error message

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Don't know how to handle
"application/pdf" as an output format. Neither an FOEventHandler, nor a
Renderer could be found for this output format.
       at
org.apache.fop.render.RendererFactory.createFOEventHandler(RendererFactory.java:361)[72:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.fop:1.0.0.2]

I looked through a number of posts related to OSGI and fop but at that point in
time I'm not sure about the current state if it should be possible to run fop
inside an OSGI container or not.

Has someone managed to get a similar configuration to work? Has someone got fop
working inside on OSGI container (ideally Apapche Felix, Apache Karaf or Apache
ServiceMix)?

Thank's in advance for any hints.

Maruan Sahyoun