Hi,
I've been running FOP in Felix for about 3 years now, although I haven't
had time to polish and publish the necessary adjustments.

The problem is that the META-INF/services-based plug-in lookup approach
doesn't work well with OSGi. I've recently migrated my first (flawed) approach
[1] to a new one which is using Apache Aries SPIFly for plug-in
detection and publication and I've rewritten my service discovery
abstraction to leverage that. I've been in contact [2] with the Aries
team to donate that last part but so far it's still waiting for a review.
If it takes much longer I'll publish it myself. Publishing the necessary
adjustments for XGC, Batik and FOP are a different story. I hope I'll
find time at some point. The refactoring is still work in progress.

[1] http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/development/osgi/jar-services.html
[2] http://aries.markmail.org/thread/qsfxgj2mkw5zybiu

Jeremias Maerki