<snip/>
>> Mayhappen the reasons for changing the font names when working with
>> full/partial embed fonts aren't relevant anymore...
>>
>> Would like to take the oportunity to suggest that a switch like "-fullembed"
>> (or something like that) be used instead of the "-ansi", as a
>> "clarification" of what the switch do.
>
> Suggestion noted but someone actually has to implement it. Not sure who
> that will be.

This issue will soon disappear. The current font library will be
replaced with another one (FOrayFont), which handles that completely
differently.

>> P.S.- get rid of the font metrics would just be perfect. Also perfect would

There will also be no intermediate XML file anymore, the font file will
be directly used.

>> be to note in the config file how one wants the font to be placed on the pdf
>> (partial embed, full embed or reference only).

This possibility will be available.

> That's in the works. Date? Unknown. Chances rising in the near future. I
> have some insider info about someone who'll have more time to work on
> FOP (not me). ;-)

Mmmh, I wonder who you're talking about??
Ok, this won't appear in the next release (Fop 0.93) because this is to
big of a change. Probably the release after.

Luis, would you mind summarizing your problems in a Bugzilla entry? So
that we can more easily track them, and ensure they will actually be
corrected in the new font library. Thanks!

Vincent