On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Jason Harrop <jhar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Glenn
>
> Thanks very much for that.
>
> So the following should right align in the table cell?

>               <block-container writing-mode="rl-tb">
>                 <block>
>                   <inline>المدينة</inline>
>                 </block>
>               </block-container>
>
> But  that didn't work in FOP 1.1 nor with
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/xmlgraphics/fop/snapshots/fop-20140319.jar

No. I guess I wasn't plain enough. You need to put writing mode on table to
affect the table cells. What you've done above doesn't change the start/end
edges of the cell, just the start/end edges of the content in the cell. The
cell still maps start to left and end to right. Note that you have to make
the choice on the table as a whole.