On 11/26/2009 03:18 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

Jason D. Clinton wrote:
Well, I withdraw my proposed amendment to the CoC as there has been no
support for it and I'm not entirely happy with it as written, either.
But, while I agree that the above would be welcome additions to the CoC,
I don't think this helps us answer what to do when the board is contacted.

I refer the honorable gentleman to the statement Behdad made some
moments ago:

Behdad said:
   3. Most of the time, a vocal minority does not speak for the majority.

The issue is working out whether someone is part of a vocal minority, or
a spokesperson for a silent majority.

I need to clarify the context of that statement. I think we can easily assume that a rude deterring vocal minority (typically just one person in any given instance) definitely does not speak for majority. And that's what I wanted to emphasize. You're right though, that it may well be the other way around.

behdad

Cheers,
Dave.