From: joen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: vrijdag 21 september 2001 16:23
To: Foxboro DCS Mail List
Subject: PWOE installation

> Thank you for let me join the list
> Let me bring up a 'not-up-to-date' problem
> I need help in the installation of PWOE using Day0 Tape (the big one:
500MB
> capacity)
> I have tried to install it for several days now, and I'm tired of getting
> the same message over and over (sorry I do not quote the exact wording):
> "Port is Bi-Direct
> No SCSI adapter present
> etc..."
> I was wondering that maybe the SCSI to parallel cable (adapter) was the
> problem, but after trying 3 different cables I gave up; Anybody have an
idea?
> As background info: I am using old 200MHz-PC previously able to run the
> PWOE. Somehow, the harddisk was damaged: fsck showed damage at Block No.
376
> to 382 (it can still run venix.novrtx to some extent), so the I/A won't
boot
> up
> I cannot do anything with the old harddisk (perhaps anybody on the list
have
> any idea), so I tried to install PWOE into a new one
> Further info: external tape drive I am using is Tandberg SLR2, and I have
> adjusted all BIOS parameters as close as possible as listed in doc#
B0193SZ
> rev. D
> Looking forward to your reply, thank you
> Best Regards,
>
> J. M. Saputra

-

This list is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Foxboro Company. All postings from
this list are the work of list subscribers and no warranty is made or implied as to
the accuracy of any information disseminated through this medium. By subscribing to
this list you agree to hold the list sponsor(s) blameless for any and all mishaps
which might occur due to your application of information received from this mailing
list.

To be removed from this list, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send any mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]