Title: POCKET PC'S & IA SYSTEM

Hi:

I send you this email previously but I don't have any response. Probably it was a problem with my email (?)

We are starting a research in the uses of PocketPC's in these areas (very related with the IA System).

In fact, we have some IPAQ wireless connected to our LAN and we can view/modify the IA displays using the feeware VNC.
Also, we can start telnet or FTP sessions from the small screen of  this PPC.
We think that these PPC are very interesting to check the hardware: field enclosures,etc. It's possible to carry it to test the signals with a  remote DM in the VNC.

Also, it's possible to use it like a walkie-talkie with Microsoft Portrait sofware.

Anyone has some experience using these PDA's on this or related subjects?

Thanks

Pedro Hernandez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REPSOL-YPF Quimica