On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Marcos Douglas wrote:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Marcos Douglas <m...@delfire.net> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:08 AM,  <michael.vancann...@wisa.be> wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, LacaK wrote:

Hi,
let me share same basic info/ideas about TMSSQLConnection :
1. As Marcos wrote it is descendant of sql-db TSQLConnection class and
provides native connector for MS SQL Servers and Sybase servers
2. is depends/requires on FreeTDS open-source cross platform DB-Library
(alternatively can be used also Microsoft db-library ntwdblib.dll)
3. all what is needed are 2-3 files:
- mssqlconn.pp (implementation of TMSSQLConnection and TSybaseConnection)
- dblib.pp (interface to FreeTDS db-library ABI dblib.dll on Windows,
libsybdb.so on *NIX)
- readme.txt (some info for users/developers)
4. according to market share of MS SQL Server and Sybase there may be many
users, which will welcome alternative to TODBCConnection
5. there is on http://www.freepascal.org/future.var in "Improve the
database support" > "Drivers (descendants) for more database types" so I
understand it as FPC is open for new stuff ;-)
6. if there is any problem please let us know. If you decide to include it
into fcl-db then you can place files for example into src/sqldb/mssql folder
;-)

I will have a look and include both units.

And the dream will become true... Thanks Michael.
Any chance to merge in fixes_2_6 in short time?

Marcos Douglas

Hi Michael,
Do you have some prediction to include the sources?

My apologies, I had totally forgotten; I am buried in work currently.

Committed in revision 20522. I didn't commit any examples or tests. Please test if everything works OK. I compiled on Linux 64-bit, I don't have
a working FPC/Lazarus 32-bit windows development environment currently.