Am 25.12.2012 11:32, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012, Martin Schreiber wrote:

- Produce at least as good code as Delphi 7.
- Compile at least as fast as Delphi 7.

You know that sacrifices need to be made to make a compiler cross
platform and easily portable.  You can't have it all.

We will see.

It would be good if, prior to forking off, you would do some study and
post some proposals here.

As long as your proposals do not include reducing the number of
platforms/CPUs (an obvious optimization), I'm sure they will get
serious consideration:

Although I think the time is approaching when some CPUs- IA-64 etc.- and
OSes could usefully be moved into an "attic" subtree.

What's the advantage in doing so? The code hangs around and does not hurt in any way.