On 22/11/16 20:48, Maciej Izak wrote:

I have checked Joost implementation and generally seems ok (logically
most important part for me about "when" and "how" is called constructor
for attributes is alright).

Branch is waiting almost 3 years (sic!).

That's because
a) it breaks the syntax for procedure attributes that has existed since the beginning in FPC in case such an attribute comes right after a procedure declaration (like procedure test; [public, alias: 'abc'];). At the very least the attributes need an extra modeswitch to activate them in order not to potentially break existing code by default. b) the generated type info is Delphi-incompatible (TAttributeData vs TAttrData, no TAttrEntry). Some people wanted it to be Delphi-compatible, other people considered this is an implementation detail and that we do not have to follow Delphi here.

Jonas