Do records support inheritance in next FPC? 3.0.4 doesn't seem to
allow that and this is the main reason i use objects when i need value
types.

Actually, what are the differences between records and objects that
make it impossible for records to get objects' features or objects to
get records' features so there is no difference between the two and
one become alias for the other?

I often want value types and find myself having to choose between the
two depending on the features i need. It'd be very nice if both had
the same features or at least one became a full superset of the other.