Indeed. I'm reusing the code that generates
the magic constant for me and any additional
flags. I've also fixed the bug that caused
the failure in my test. Just doing some
final cheeks and improving my bench test.

It might be possible to make more code cross
platform later on. I'mm not due.

Gareth aka. Kit

On Mon 26/04/21 17:26 , Florian Klämpfl via
fpc-develfpc-de...@lists.freepascal.org
sent:

> > Am 26.04.2021 um 08:09 schrieb J. Gareth
Moreton
> via fpc-devel :
> >

> >  and the other is implementing "magic
> division"
> > where division by a constant is replaced
with a
> multiplication.
>

> You are aware there is code for arm 32 bit
and e.g. x86 which can most
> likely be reused/adapted? It might be even
that meanwhile somebody made a