On 2010-10-22 01:23, Henry Vermaak wrote:
2010/10/21 Adem<listmem...@letterboxes.org>:
On 2010-10-21 23:47, Florian Klämpfl wrote:

This is wrong. If a big change promises significant advantages for FPC
users, it will be done.

The qualifier 'significant' (above and below) is far too subjective
sometimes to even have a hope of arriving at a common ground.

But, I'll take my chaces and point at DoDi's alternative parsers proposal.

To me, it does sound like quite a significant advantage.
Oh wow, so you want to change the parser because it "sounds" nice to you?

You didn't read Florian's post; did you?

Let me copy&paste the relevant bit here:

"If a big change *promises* significant advantages for FPC users, it will be done."

Did you notice the word 'promises'?

Seriously, if this work was done more co-operatively with the fpc team, it may
have made it.  But I think it is too ambitious in the first place.  Some people
maintain patch quilts for ages before it makes it into the kernel, for example.

You make it sound like some of those religious orders where you have to spend years of your life... just to prove your piety.

Meritocracy out, monasticism in? :)

--
Cheers,

Adem