On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 09:48:30 +0100, Allan
<allan2...@warpspeed.dyndns.dk> wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:38:43 +0000
>Graeme Geldenhuys <mailingli...@geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On 2016-10-31 08:34, Bo Berglund wrote:
> > > By what I have seen is that Lars cannot continue the web interface
> > > to Gmane NNTP, but that the NNTP server will continue.
> >
> > Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I was under the impression that Gmane
> > was going to close down completely. Nice to hear that part of it (the
> > most important part) is still going to continue.
>
>I really don't care, if his web interface goes away - never used it.
>If he really would stop the gmane newsserver, I would just link
>the mailinglist to my own newsserver, as I have done with lots of other
>mailinglists, over the years :-)
>
>I think the discussion about which model is the right one for FPC is
>stupid, as no one will ever agree on anything.
>
>OTOH, I have been running my own newsserver for 15 years - with a
>gateway to a mailinglist server, and a very simple Webinterface on top
>of the newsserver - and it has been running that way all the time on
>OS/2 !  Please don't tell me - that there is not very simple solutions
>for that ( and hopefully 15 years newer :-) ) for nix or win.
>   Allan.

Sounds like one could set up such a server on a Raspberry Pi (Linux
Debian type). I am running all kinds of stuff on RPi, for example
Lazarus/FPC, a VPN server and more.

Do you have any advice on how to install an NNTP server on Linux?
I have never looked at that before. It would need to subscribe to
lists using its own dedicated mail account, right?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden