Hello and thanks to Silvio, z505, Giuliano.

> Did you try the TProcess.Environment? :-)

Of course but, afaik, it is not what I want.

I will try to explain with a concrete example (but I have much other in same
case).

A project (uos) use c libraries.

Mainly all that libraries are "run-alone" (only the called library is needed).

But there are some libraries that have dependencies.

For example libopusfile.so needs libopus.so.

If the main program load such library with
loadlibrary(/my/directory/libopusfile.so) ---> it will not work, even if
libopus.so is in the same directory that libopusfile.so.
And even if doing loadlibrary(/my/directory/opusfile.so) before
loadlibrary(/my/directory/libopusfile.so ) it will nor work because there are
no correspondance with the 2 loadlibrary() .

And this is the challenge, how to load that dependeny if they are not in the
lib-system directory.

> Another way is passing before compiling: $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=some-path make.

Yes but for that the directory of dependencies must be known. In some case that
dependencies come from elsewhere.

> launch your application from a shell script, which does the work.

Ok, but it is much more complicate for end-user.

What I need is, like for TProcess.Environment.Textvariable, a environment
variable for LoadLibrary().

In a previous topic :
http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/uses-myunit-in-src-myunit-pas-td5727626.html

Michael answered:

>> So it is exactly what I propose:

>> a TLoadLibrary with some features adapted for libraries that TProcess uses
>> for executables (like environnement).
>> Of course TLoadLibrary will have a LoadLibrary() and SafeLoadLibrary() but
>> some properties too.

>> What do you think ?

> I don't see the point at all.
> Why would you copy functionality that the OS provides out of the box ?

> Michael.

Huh, what are those functionality that the OS provides out of the box ?

Fre;D