On 2017-05-23 19:37, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
First problem: quote from core:

The git-to-svn bridge is slow, but pretty good - not perfect, sometimes it falls over and needs a restart. But I can honestly say, I have converted full SubVersion repositories (from small to very large) to Git, and always managed to have everything in Git at the end.

Nobody ever stated that any type of migration is going to be without problems. It's the nature of migration. I've stated numerous times that SubVersion is often abused because they have very bad concepts, which have been clearly designed and developed in Git. "Tags" are the first thing that comes to mind.

Back in 2009 (I think it was) when I created Git mirrors of FPC and Lazarus, I initially did it with all branches and tags in place. It took long, but there was no roadblocks. The only reason I then changed it to only track the "trunk" branches is because I personally think a migration should be a one-shot deal, not a continuous process. It was a pain to manually update and work around the weird SubVersion behaviours (commits after a Tag was created - God Damn, use a branch instead!).

Over the years I've personally migrated over 200 SubVersion repositories to Git. My final step has always been to checkout each SVN repository and branch, and then do a checksum comparison to the Git version. Ensuring everything is like it is supposed to be. Any discrepancies can then be resolved with a single commit, but to be honest, I can't recall ever having the need to do that.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/