On 27/08/2011, Florian Klämpfl  wrote:

> Mostly incomplete/inconsistent terminal implementations. Best bet is
> xterm or text mode console.

I tried both your suggestions. First switching to the linux console
(not using X11). When I try and Alt+F3 to close one of the editor
windows, Linux rather switches to the 3rd console. :-(

In X11 I opened an xterm window, and ran the FP ide. Pressing Alt+F3
to again try and close an editor window, instead of closing it I get
text inserted into the current editor window:

       1;33R

I also did the "learn keys" again while I was running FP under xterm,
thinking that will help, but no luck.

I can use Midnight Commander (a linux console file manager) inside
Gnome Terminal or xterm, and all keyboard shortcuts work. So I don't
think it's issue of Gnome Terminal not being implemented fully.

  - Graeme -