Bo Berglund wrote:
On Sun, 08 Nov 2015 12:33:38 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markmll.fpc-pas...@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

How am I supposed to update fpc 3.1.1?
You must always start with a released (currently 2.6.4) compiler. That is normal.

To do this, you can e.g. make a symlink to the 2.6.4 compiler (name it ppcarm-2.6.4) and use that when calling make:

make all PP=ppcarm-2.6.4

Except that that won't work on the RPi, where you need to start off with a specially-built compiler.

I think my 2.6.4 is OK because I got it as follows (from my notes):
wget
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/2.6.4/fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux.tar
tar xvf fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux.tar
cd fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux
./install.sh  (Reply /usr/local to the first question)

I thought we'd already been through this loop once? You need a custom binary tailored for the RPi.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk