On Wed, December 2, 2015 09:28, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Saša Janiška wrote:
>> On Uto, 2015-08-04 at 16:35 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately, the original poster didn't mention that he wasn't
subscribed to the list, but I'd suggest keeping him in Cc: of potential
answers.

>> I must admit that I spent some time exploring some other possibleoptions
>> in regard to the choice of programming language to be used formy desktop
>> GUI project, just to come to the conclusion, even strongerthan before,
>> that FPC is the best option. :-)
>>> That's going to be a problem. On x86 and x86-64 Jessie, my experience>
>>> so far is that GTK2 doesn't work and that Qt is the only viable>
>>> option.
>> I've started working with Object Pascal Handbook to learn the
>> language,but still have to make definite choice in regard to GUI...so I
>> wonderwhat did you find problematic with GTK2 on Debian? (I'm using
>> openSUSETumbleWeed.)?
>
> GTK2 has problems on Debian Jessie.

As an additional comment, please note that discussions about general
advantages and disadvantages/issues of external GUI libraries and/or their
implementation on a particular platform should be better discussed on the
fpc-other list. Obviously, advantages and disadvantages specifically
related to use of these libraries with FPC are perfectly on topic in this
list. I mention this because it wasn't clear from the question of the
original poster which of the cases he was asking about.

Thanks

Tomas
(one of FPC mailing lists moderators)