Am 11.02.2016 11:41 schrieb "Anthony Walter" <sys...@gmail.com>:

> > This won't be changed. Period.
>
> Sven, not to be argumentative, but you do get that for a long time
programmers have learned how to write code and use libraries by examining
them? My goal is simply to make it easier for the people who would want to
pick up and start using Lazarus. Organizing things better for the general
developer population, and I'm not just referring to only source code
organization, is something I honestly hope this community considers
important. I believe that point should be a consideration not just for
beginners, but also for the mass of professionals.

If they are just learning the language then they shouldn't poke around in
the core units anyway. That's what the documentation and help is for.
Back when I started learning TP I didn't have the internet and I didn't
have the sources of the units. I only had the help and it was definitely
enough, so no I'm not even remotely convinced by your argument.
Also you aren't someone who's working on that code. New users aren't
either. I am. The other maintainers are. *We* need to work in these units,
not you. And thus the code is structured in a way that it is suitable for
*us* not you.

Regards,
Sven