On Sun, 14 Feb 2016, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

Am 2016-02-11 um 14:21 schrieb Sven Barth:
If they are just learning the language then they shouldn't poke around in
the core units anyway. That's what the documentation and help is for.
Back when I started learning TP I didn't have the internet and I didn't
have the sources of the units. I only had the help and it was definitely enough, so no I'm not even remotely convinced by your argument.

Strange that suddenly the documentation should be used
while in the past everybody else is telling me (and others)
to look into the code to understand it.

Nothing strange about it.

There is a difference between learning the language, which implies knowing
what routines are available to you, and understanding how a particular routine works in detail. The latter requires you to study the source code.
For the former, you don't need the details: the documentation is the better
alternative.