On Sun, January 29, 2017 10:46 am, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-01-29 07:59, Lars wrote:
>
>> So if you run a process and nothing prints to stdout, and there is some
>>  data printed to stderr, I do not know how to capture it. Which makes
>> me want to try TProcess instead
>

> Indeed, that is one of the big differences between TProcess and
> ExecuteProcess. I use TProcess often to execute something and then
> capture the output results.  fpGUI's example IDE (Maximus) shows how it
> can be done with TProcess.

Well I may modify executeprocess/fpsystem to deal with stderr if that is a
missing feature (may not be possible, haven't looked into it much).

Or, get assignstream working on windows and not just unix, but that will
be a bit of a big undertaking, and again may not be possible.

mseide/msegui may also have some tips in its source code as it captures a
lot of stuff and puts it into the ide in its custom widgets that trap
outputs, actually kind of a bit like a Blackbox ComponentPascal IDE from
switzerland, but still different ;-)