On 13/03/17 09:00, Pierre Free Pascal wrote:
-----Message d'origine-----> De : fpc-pascal [mailto:fpc-pascal-boun...@lists.freepascal.org] De la> part de Mark Morgan
Lloyd> Envoyé : lundi 13 mars 2017 09:11> À : fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> Objet : Re: [fpc-pascal] SPARC /
Linux> > On 13/03/17 06:30, Pierre Free Pascal wrote:> > Hi Mark,> > if you mean build a native installer for
32-btsparc-linux, I can tell> you want you need to do:> > I'm used to building it for my own use. I'll take a look at
your> instructions for versions later than 2.6.2, since even getting 2.6.4 or> 3.0.0 available would be progress. Time
permitting :-(
  I would also be interested in those other versions,if you succeed in building them. > > a
libgdb installation to enable GDB inside FP IDE,which (if you do> not have> > I've found
libgdb to be a problem on several platforms, it's not> maintained actively.You are breaking my
heart...I am trying to maintain the internal GDB support for FP IDE,but even if I am a member of
the GDB maintainer team,this is a huge task, which I never really have time to fulfill.
  I have no access to any sparc machine, thus it is even moredifficult to
maintain such targets.

I could probably put a SPARC system on a public address if you wanted to play with it, that's how somebody (Marco?) originally got Lazarus running. However, much of my hardware is creaking and I'm not in as good a spares position as I used to be.

Looking at systems here, I can see that I've got as far as 3.0.0 on both (32-bit) Linux and on Solaris (OpenSXCE, based on Illumos) together with Lazarus 1.6.0 in both cases. I've also been compiling 3.0.1, but that goes back more than a year.

However those are fpcsrc builds only, rather than the whole thing suitable for an ab-initio installation.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk