On 3/21/2017 11:58 AM, James Richters wrote:
I have not tried FlushFileBuffers() yet, so I just tried it now,  I am getting
the same results.
Well, that is expected, as the issue has nothing to do with your program, it's the caching of the operating system that is responsible for the actual physical write to the disk. I see something similar with some text files that I use while doing some cross-platform work that I am doing recently.

The actual test file is on a Windows 8.1 machine, while most of the access to that file is from either a Windows 10 laptop or a macOS Sierra MacBook Pro. Occasionally, more pronounced when one of these two machines is connected via WiFi instead of wired connection (on the same logical subnet though!), when reloading the file from disk, it shows up corrupted on the other machine, while it shows perfectly fine on the one that did the last write. Force a new write and in 99.9% of all cases, it will show up just fine on another reload...

Any chance that the file(s) you are working with are on a shared drive?

Ralf

---