On 2017-06-19 01:35, James Richters wrote:
The problem is not with rendering with rgb565,  the problem is something in the
original that was patched with the setcolor function:

Line 122 of agg_color pas has:
constructor rgba8.Construct;
begin
 b{*}:=int8u(r_ );
 g:=int8u(g_ );
 r:=int8u(b_ );
 a:=int8u(a_ );

end;

WOW, well spotted - and how that went unnoticed for all these years is beyond me. Well done for bringing it to our attention.

That is a fundamental bug in AggPas, and something I'll be fixing immediately in fpGUI's repository. As for the affects on other code and programs. I'll do some testing to see what exact affect it has, and then add some notes in the CHANGELOG document describing code-breaking changes and recommended fixes.

I have always been in the mind that fundamental code and API's should be 100% correct, and fixed promptly when a bug is found. Applications that are affected by such changes need to be updated - that's the bottom line. No point in continue maintaining buggy code and API's and guaranteed that things will just get worse in the future - if not immediately fixed.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/