On Mon, 10 Jul 2017, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailingli...@geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
* I seem to have grasped Generics in Java much easier than in FPC or
Delphi. I don't fully know why that is. Maybe the syntax, more examples etc?
Not sure.

Well, Java Generics are very limited in comparison with C++ / Object
Pascal generics (Java generics accepts only Objects never primitives),
so that's make them much simpler to use/understand of course.

Maybe Java is right and that's all we'll ever need and the performance
improvement of templates

There is no performance improvement, rather the contrary. The generic list works slower than the native list.