What about creating the next heading level *before* adding the footnotes?
Possibly with the extra pilcrow after the table as an added buffer?

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers <framers-bounces+acraig=shaw...@lists.frameusers.com> On Behalf
Of Tammy Van Boening
Sent: February 12, 2024 1:43 PM
To: An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software.
<framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Re: [Framers] Table Footnote question

Hi Dan,
Yeah I ve tried that too and I m just at my wit s end. After I hit a return
from the last table footnote, no matter what type of tag I select with point
and click, and then press enter to start a new line and start another tag, it s
like the hold of the table footnote will not go away. It s like FrameMaker won
t let me start any new tag after a table footnote. It s stuck thinking
everything that follows should be kept with the table footnotes

I ve given up for now and have just manually numbered the footnotes because
there s only four of them and there s no expectation that they ll change at
all. However, I still would like to know why after a table footnote when you
hit return, and then try to point and click and setting new tag at the pilcrow,
Framemaker isn t recognizing the new tag s properties. It appears to stay stuck
in table footnote mode.

Thank you!

TVB

Sent from my iPhone. Blame Steve Jobs for any typos.