Hi Folks,

I won't be able to make it to FSM tonight unfortunately, but given
you'll be touching on RMS's resignation, I'd encourage you to read this
post from  Bradley Kuhn (ex. FSF board member) yesterday before the meeting:

http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2019/10/15/fsf-rms.html

The whole ordeal came as a complete surprise to me and made me sad.
Partly this is because it's resulted in a lot of bad publicity for the
Free Software community that could potentially have been avoided. Partly
also because I'm deeply grateful for and influenced by RMS's activism,
commitment and many of his values, such as simultaneously praising the
good while also critisising the bad that organisations do - so it's hard
to see him retire under such poor circumstances. His career with FSF
certainly deserves celebrating.

There's been a bunch of people I respect and trust making similar
comments about RMS no longer being the best leader for the FSF though,
so while it makes me sad, I think it's important that we accept what's
happened, focus on the future, and keep working hard to provide everyone
with access to free software. There's a lot of work to do! :)

Cheers,
Ben