> > In some sense this sounds like an interrupt issue. The timeout is 30
> > seconds, and it looks like we give up on the command but it's done
> > instantaneously afterwards.
>
> Hm. I don't know much about the PCI code, so maybe what follows won't
> make any sense and may not be related: The card is PCI64, and there's an
> "unknown" device in the dmesg that is an "Intel 82806AA I/O APIC Device"
> according to its device ID. Would that matter at all?

Haven't a clue.

The 53c1030 is a single chip - two instances showing up multifunctioned.

I have to say that Peter has had some problems that look interrupt
related also. But I haven't.

I just more or less finished some non-FreeBSD work with a 1030 so I can
plop the card into a FreeBSD machine again and check.

> >>No, I was running a Dell-branded 1.0.0. I grabbed the update from LSI
> >>and installed it, but now none of my partitions likes to boot anymore
> >>(FreeBSD and Windows XP). Also, the LSI firmware prompt used to show all
> >>drives as Ultra-320, now it shows them as Ultra-80 with a note saying
> >>"should support Ultra-320 when the OS is loaded". Is this to be
> >>expected, i.e. do I need to reinstall everything with the new firmware?
> >
> > *sputter*
> >
> > That's damned odd. Can you get into the configuration menu and make sure
> > it has 'large BIOS' or whatever the LSI term is enabled?
>
> The Dell BIOS, or the LSI config menu? I don't think either has a

LSI Config - ^C.