Well, the 80MB/s issue is a 2nd rank problem after the timeouts. I dunno
what the issue is there- they probably want me to enable DT and QAS
where before I've been leaving it to the BIOS to do.

I think this is serious enough that I should take the time to try and
make sure it's right and ask RE to allow the change in for 4.7. I'll do
some more fooling around with this in the upcoming week- there's still
some stuff from my solaris driver I haven't ported on over yet that
*might* help (but might not).

The trouble here is that I've tried the 1030 card on 3 different i386
systems and one alpha for FreeBSD here at Feral (UltraSparc for Solaris)
and have mostly have had no problems. I had some similar issues briefly,
but I think that was a cabling/termination issue. I even have a 320M
drive that does seem to work pretty good.

My *latest* issue (but I don't think that this is a mpt driver issue-
can't see how it could be) is that I shoved a 1030 card into a dual bus
-stable system (1GHz, 1GB Southbridge system) and the darned drives
attached won't read faster than 2.5MB/s- this has got to be a bus bridge
issue.

-matt