On 2020-12-13 08:16, Kyle Evans wrote:

It looks like it's exporting a jailsys int for vnet, so these correspond to:

JAIL_SYS_DISABLE=0
JAIL_SYS_NEW=1
JAIL_SYS_INHERIT=2

So 2 is 'use parent vnet', 1 is 'new one created' -- I don't see this
described in either jls(1) or jail(8), it'd probably be nice if we
translated jailsys ints into "new"/"inherit" since one specifies
"new"/"inherit" for them during creation.

Turns out this is a legit bug - I had a "=" where I needed a "|=". That one-character fix will turn "vnet=2" into "vnet=inherit" for "jail -n vnet", same as it already is for "jail -n" without explicit parameters.

- Jamie