On 12/14/11 22:32, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:

Wireshark showed some wrong checksums (I believe on the ICMP packet, but
I might remember wrong).

You can check whether you received bad checksummed frames with
netstat(1).

I tried "netstat -ind", but it shows no Ierrs/Idrop/Oerrs/Odrop.

Is simple downloading from client to server is enough to trigger
the issue?

Yes and no.
Depending on where the client is located (on the Internet) and/or the protocol used, I get either failures or ridicuolous performance (i.e. 58-60kB/s without TSO vs. 1-2kB/s with TSO).

Packet capture that shows the problem would be great to
know what's going on here.

I'll send them to you privately.

You'll see tso.dump and notso.dump: they are both from the same client downloading the same (random) file (the file name was changed only to prevent possible caching).
See notso.dump is perfect, while tso.dump shows a lot of potential problems.

Would you try attached patch and let me know it goes?
Sorry, it seems extra pull up for TCP payload may not be required
here.  Try this instead.

I see a little increase in performance (2-3kB/s instead of 1-2kB/s); this might however well depend on external factors. Still it is very different from what I'm get without TSO.

 bye & Thanks
        av.

P.S. I can live well without TSO; I'm just doing this to let the software improve. Go ahead only if *you* are interested.