On 2021-05-05 09:10, Yasuhiro Kimura wrote:
From: Chris <portmas...@bsdforge.com>
Subject: Re: Making a port to use OpenSSL of ports collection on FreeBSD 11.x
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 08:03:00 -0700

I ran into a similar situation requiring freebsd 11 users not use
SSL from base, and I simply used a conditional based against freebsd
version, that also included a RUN_DEPENDS on security/openssl
Wouldn't that work in your case?

--Chris

Probably only adding security/openssl to *_DEPENDS isn't enough. If
you look at Mk/Uses/ssl.mk, you'll find the path of include files and
libraries are customized depending on which ssl stack is used. So you
also need to add similar custimizetion in Makefile of port avoding
conflicts with the settings in Mk/Uses/ssl.mk. And it must be hard
job.
Well unless something has changed significantly in that regard over
the last couple mos. I found it was enough to trap ${OSREL:R} targeting
11 && within that conditional add ssl=openssl
It worked a treat. You may find some additional clues in
bsd.default-versions.mk

HTH

--Chris

---