On 2021-05-05 20:49, Dima Panov wrote:
Moin!

Chris, your suggestion leads to dll hell due to mix-links between ssl libraries :( At least, your setup easily face up situation where one lib will be built with “port openss” and consumers still get a “base openssl”. DEFAULT_VERSION here is set to avoid a such situation — the whole ports collection should be linked with
ONE ssl/crypto library.
I agree. After posting my proposed solution. I was finally able to find _which_ of the ports I did it in. Fortunately, it was an isolated case. Which got me to thinking that _this_ case here had far reaching ramifications. I would have withdrawn my
suggestion. But you beat me to it. ;-)

Thanks for the reply (and correction), Dima!

--Chris

--
Dima. (desktop, kde, x11, office, ports-secteam)@FreeBSD team
(flu...@freebsd.org, https://t.me/dima_panov)

On 2021-05-05 09:10, Yasuhiro Kimura wrote:
> From: Chris <portmas...@bsdforge.com>
> Subject: Re: Making a port to use OpenSSL of ports collection on FreeBSD
> 11.x
> Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 08:03:00 -0700
>
> > I ran into a similar situation requiring freebsd 11 users not use
> > SSL from base, and I simply used a conditional based against freebsd
> > version, that also included a RUN_DEPENDS on security/openssl
> > Wouldn't that work in your case?
> >
> > --Chris
>
> Probably only adding security/openssl to *_DEPENDS isn't enough. If
> you look at Mk/Uses/ssl.mk, you'll find the path of include files and
> libraries are customized depending on which ssl stack is used. So you
> also need to add similar custimizetion in Makefile of port avoding
> conflicts with the settings in Mk/Uses/ssl.mk. And it must be hard
> job.
Well unless something has changed significantly in that regard over
the last couple mos. I found it was enough to trap ${OSREL:R} targeting
11 && within that conditional add ssl=openssl
It worked a treat. You may find some additional clues in
bsd.default-versions.mk

HTH

--Chris