On 12/23/06, Kevin Brunelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
They are called from /etc/rc.d/localpkg if they are the old style.

The directories searched are defined with local_startup (which defaults
to: /usr/local/etc/rc.d /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d).

Ok, looking in localpkg, I see this.

pkg_start()
{
   # For each dir in $local_startup, search for init scripts matching *.sh
   #
   case ${local_startup} in
   [Nn][Oo] | '')
       ;;
   *)
       echo -n 'Local package initialization:'
       slist=""
       if [ -z "${script_name_sep}" ]; then
           script_name_sep=" "
       fi
       for dir in ${local_startup}; do
           if [ -d "${dir}" ]; then
               for script in ${dir}/*.sh; do
                   slist="${slist}${script_name_sep}${script}"
               done
           fi
       done
       script_save_sep="$IFS"
       IFS="${script_name_sep}"
       for script in ${slist}; do
           if [ -x "${script}" ]; then
               (set -T
               trap 'exit 1' 2
               ${script} start)
           elif [ -f "${script}" -o -L "${script}" ]; then
               echo -n " (skipping ${script##*/}, not executable)"
           fi
       done
       IFS="${script_save_sep}"
       echo '.'
       ;;
   esac
}

So rcorder is not used for the rc scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d? That
explains much, since I have a runsvstat.sh script needed to start
runit, and a script to start one of its services starts with an 'm'
and is executing first, which I don't want.

Why is rcorder not used on these files as well? It's such a good system.

The new style scripts are found in /etc/rc as well.  You may want to look at
the find_local_scripts_new() function in /etc/rc.subr to see how some of this
functions.  There is some trickery here because we have to do this in more
than one step.  Since /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ may not be on a mounted filesystem
until we run through some of the earlier scripts.

Ok, thanks.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>