Why not use Perl? It'd be as simple as:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

open(IN, "$ARGV[0]") || die "Can't open $ARGV[0]: $!\n";
while (<IN>) {
print $_ unless ($_ =~ /<regular expression describing lines you don't want>/);
}
close IN;

Alex Kirk

Hello,

I'm trying to write a script to delete all line that include a certain
pattern in an output file. I sending information to one of our Security
people and they take this data and create a spreadsheet on the
information, I have a constant reoccurring lines within the output file
that they do not need. I'm trying to use the sed command to remove lines
that fits a certain pattern but it does not appear to remove anything.

Any helpful ideas or any useful links to scripts.

Thanks so much..

Bruce Stitt
TSYS Hosting Services
Voice 706-644-0965

The information contained in this communication (including any
attachments hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the
personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed. The information may also constitute a legally
privileged confidential communication. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this communication in error and that any
review, dissemination, copying, or unauthorized use of this
information, or the taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message. Thank you