And all this just to *pass packets*; if you're making real *routing*
decisions based upon that (i.e. you're making a router rather than a
switch), which requires that packets take a trip to the CPU, you'll

packet headers
find yourself coming to the realization that Cisco and Juniper might

for 10Gbe ports - yes. for lower speed no.

YMMV, HTH, HAND.

I don't need that many Ethernet ports, but I do need most of those PCI
slots. I was unable to locate a box with more than four slots and a
warranty that was acceptable to our Production group. I'm still not sure
about the warranty or that we can buy it in a case with power supply.
But at least I have a vector to resume my search.

Thanks,

Bob McConnell