Em Dom, 2008-08-24 às 14:06 -0400, pete escreveu:

> I have a hosted domain that recently changed their mail filtering. I
> am not happy with the new setup and am considering setting up my own.
> Looking for tips on setting up something on my freeBSD 6.1 box.
>
> My ISP is cablevision IO. Not sure what they allow, ie: whether I can
> have my hosted domain set to use my cable IP as a MTA, or if I have to
> do some kind of end run around cablevision to get a MTA set up locally.
>
> Also looking for advice on which software would serve me bet in this instance.
>
> TIA

In my country, the cable company sells fixed IP for about US$60/mon. and
it filters nothing,
that is: the port 25 is left open.

You only need so, to ask the one that holds your DNS, to put a  record
MX in the
definition

           MX    10    mx1.your.domain
and.....

A.B.C.D            A    mx1.your.domain.

so when someone pings mx1.your.domain  it answers A.B.C.D

after you must set up your sendmail
by creating a sendmail.mc .... in /etc/mail

=================/etc/mail/sendmail.mc ==================
divert(0)
VERSIONID(`$FreeBSD: src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc,v 1.34.2.1 2007/11/22
16:19:40 gshapiro Exp $')
OSTYPE(freebsd6)
DOMAIN(generic)

FEATURE(access_db, `hash -o -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access')
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
FEATURE(local_lmtp)
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')

define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/sendmail.cw')
define(`confMAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN', `20')

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=IPv4, Family=inet)

define(`confBIND_OPTS', `WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to-undisclosed')
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,noexpn,novrfy')
MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)
=================/etc/mail/sendmail.cw==================================
your.domain.com
==============================
than add a line  in the /etc/make.conf
SENDMAIL_SUBMIT_MC=/etc/mail/sendmail.mc
go to the /etc/mail....
touch aliases mailertable virtusertable access
make
change /etc/rc.conf  to include lines
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
sendmail_enable="YES"