On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

Finally, please note that most of the stuff you'll read online for ZFS
tuning on FreeBSD is outdated with 8.2.  E.g. you should not need to set
vm.kmem_size and you should never need to adjust vm.kmem_size_max.

Slight tangent, does this apply to i386 as well or just amd64?

Someone should open the zfs wiki page to a broader range of editors I think - it seems like this mailing list is the only decent reference for tuning these days.

Charles

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   j...@parodius.com |