On 7/12/20 12:39 PM, Jonathan Chen wrote:
[snip]
With synth you can reduce the number of workers to just "1" (ie:
Number_of_builders=1), if you just want your ports-build to complete
without any stress. However, one of the reasons why I use synth is
_because_ of the stress it can place on my 12-STABLE snapshots. If the
system is stable and performs well when under load, I feel just that
bit more assured about using it in production environments.

My 2 cents.
Yeah, I did that. Problem was a bad update to a port, had mismatched bracket element so blew the stack.

Same thing happened with one worker, one task. Made sure I didn't use that port again... ;-)

--
Don Wilde