On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:30:40 -0500, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 08:09:30PM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
Hello folks,

Last night, I have upgraded from July RELENG_6 to last night. I have
reinstalled all of ports and I noticed that the log/messages is collecting a few of 'pid 14699 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)'.
I dig in the configure and found a location of crash. It is from
sem_open(). I don't get that before I upgraded the RELENG_6.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/test-sem_open.cc (took from configure's
conftest)

That's "bad system call" - probably you don't have SYSVSEM support
enabled.

I have not change kernel config for a very long time. I have these enabled:

options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores

More: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/OUTLAWS

As for the /boot/loader.conf:

kern.maxfiles="25000"
linux_load="YES"
nvidia_load="YES"

Cheers,
Mezz

Kris

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)