Artem Kuchin wrote:
That exactly was i was talking about. I don't acess to individual disks
behind raid unit, so, i cannot doit. I don't know it controller VERIFY command does it right. If it doesm then i shoudl put it into a cron
job and do it on weekly basis. Also, it would halpfull it i could get access to
number of left reserved sector for remapping. Any idea about these two for
3ware controllers? Also, someone should mention, that while using raid MUST
do verifies often.

The 3dm2 software (sysutils/3dm port) can dump the SMART data from individual disks. It can also schedule verify and self-test tasks and identify individual drives by blinking the activity light for the drive.