On 2011-08-18 19:35, Alexander Best wrote:
ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf64-x86-64-freebsd
(crt1_s.o) to format elf32-i386-freebsd (gcrt1.o) is not supported
Most likely, this is because you are forcing CC=clang, which does not
work as expected.  Can you please post your /etc/make.conf and
/etc/src.conf files, and show us any environment variables related to
buildworld?  Also, how exactly are you running make buildworld?

i've attached my src.conf, my make.conf and the output of 'env'. nothing
special, i'm using a simple 'make buildworld'.

The problem is in your make.conf. Effectively, you are doing:

CC = clang
CXX = clang++

which will not work, at least not for the 32-bit compat stage on amd64.
Please use the following fragment instead, which is recommended on
<http://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang>:

.if !defined(CC) || ${CC} == "cc"
CC=clang
.endif