At 08:10 PM 7/26/2011, Steve Nickolas wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, Ralf A. Quint wrote:
>
> > Seeing that there is so little "respect" for the old tools that made
> > out DOS, I am not sure if I should pick up one of my projects I had
> > started a few years back, a GW-BASIC clone, looks like there won't be
> > much interest for this at least in here. Or even bother to put the
> > finishing touches on BACKUP&RESTORE for that matter... :-(
>
>I for one would particularly be interested in a gwbasic clone that
>actually works like gwbasic.

That was my basic idea, but beside that I got interrupted at some
point by health and other personal issues, I got a bit stuck at
implementing routines for the floating point math in MBF (which is
what BASICA/GW-BASIC and the early MS BASIC compiler use). I have
some old routines for most of the single precision stuff but doing
double precision with only 16bit registers at hand is a bit tough.
And without MBF (Microsoft Binary Format), it can't work like GWBASIC.

Otherwise, so far it will read and (de)tokenize any BASICA/GWBASIC
program that I had thrown at it, it will do LIST and LLIST and I have
most of the known memory map as well as PEEK and POKE working...

Will see how I get time, as I am now self-employed for the last
couple of month trying to start my own business, and see that I
continue on this after I got BACKUP&RESTORE out...

Ralf