Hi,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:
>>
>> I agree that OpenWatcom would be nicer than Borland C++ here.
>> Not sure if Pascal would be nice for TSR drivers: You can do
>> it (see keyboard driver [FD KEYB]) but the extra effort is that you have
>> to translate existing filesystem code which probably is in C.
>
> I've never tried, but I'm pretty sure that Turbo Pascal can link to
> Turbo C code.
>
> At least FreePascal (32-bit host) uses "register" calling convention
> (like Delphi) by default, but it can mix and link with "cdecl" code
> too (and others). The 16-bit DOS target is still unfinished, only
> supports "pascal" calling convention (AFAIK), for now. The v3.1
> snapshots have internal tools, so no external NASM nor WLINK needed.
> Not sure how to (easily) mix C with that (yet), but it can't be
> impossible. I assume manual linking is still possible, among many
> other things, but the very few people working on it are doing so in
> their spare time, so (understandably) it's not moving very fast.

FreePascal 3.0.0 has been released. It now officially supports various
memory models for i8086-msdos target (via cross-compiler, e.g. Win32
or Linux host):

1).
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/3.0.0/i8086-msdos/fpc-3.0.0.i386-win32.cross.i8086-msdos.exe
2). http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/3.0.0/
3). http://wiki.freepascal.org/DOS