Hi,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:49 AM, Georg Potthast <mail...@georgpotthast.de> wrote:

> I could fork the mmeeks/ext2tools on GitHub and add my patches to it. Or do
> you have a different suggestion? On GitHub I could add you and maybe
> additional developers to be able to submit patches as well.

Since I've never used (and thus hate) Git, I think that'd be a bad
idea.  ;-) Although other people would probably like if you forked it,
sure, they are obsessed with Git. It's all the rage these days. But
I'm useless anyways, so I'm not important here. I'm not sure I'm much
help.

I really just wanted an actual .dif (text) file here of your changes.
Something I could run "patch -i georg.dif" and then "make" and
everything would magically just work.

> Still a bit puzzled that my instructions did not work for you. What is the
> error message that you get?

I don't remember, but it was lots of errors. I saw a lot of
HAVE_ERRNO_H and such in the sources, so perhaps it's just not
"configure"d yet. (I absolutely despise the whole Autotools mess, but
everyone else seems to love it, ugh.) Perhaps this was only truly
meant to be cross-compiled (and, as I implied earlier, maybe it was
totally unfinished, but I have not bugged mmeeks directly).

> I could also bundle the binaries with Qemu to allow you to replicate what I
> did to test.

I doubt that would help much.

> All my Linux distros use ext4 so I could not test it any
> different. Also, the old version that needed go32 did have e2cd and e2pwd.
> So you currently cannot move around on the ext3 disk I think. You can just
> copy files and use cat. I still feel one should use mmeeks/ext2tools though
> since it compiles with current djgpp.

If it works at all for you, as long as we can reproduce your builds,
it is definitely worth preserving, IMHO.